Monday 11 April 2022

I arrived at the pitch a few minutes late this morning, due to our washing machine disgorging its load 5 minutes later than expected and wanting to get the laundry out into the sunshine, to be greeted by a sea of expectant faces all ready for playoff.   

Getting down to business team B finished the first end two points up.    Second end they were just as good and scored the same.    Just to make sure that team B did not become bored,  team A managed to gain one point on the next end and another later in the game.   However, team B surged ahead and finished the last end with a magnificent SEVEN points!   Final score was Team A with two points and Team B on fourteen.

I was in team A and John Benfield was part of team B and so I now wish B team many hearty congratulations (because John told me to do so in my report).    I’m not the jealous type.     I’ll now crawl back into my little hole until the next game on the 25th of this month.

Good news, so far as I am concerned, is that the washing was dry when we arrived home. 

See you all again soon,  Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment